Alas! Reality couldn’t be more different from the dreams we see and the expectations we have.
We mostly imagine things as black or white when in real life, it’s mainly grey.
Expectations lead us into a world where everything is according to how we want but reality often shatters those visions with its cruel attention. This often leads to disappointment and anger.
Expectations build us up while reality grounds us and holds a mirror in front of us to show us who we really are. However, being as fragile as we humans are, we cannot only stick to either side. We need both to maintain order and balance.
Dwelling completely based on expectations can ruin someone and shove them into depression.
Similarly, having no expectations is unnatural for emotional beings like us who like to dream. These expectations also help us move forward in life and accomplish something so that we can be in that fine zone between expectation and reality without giving in to either.
Expectations can blind you from anything and everything that life has blessed you with. It renders all your achievements moot when you keep expecting and focusing on every time that reality lets you down. You forget to appreciate what you and the present moment sleeping away.
In fact, bordering too much on expectations can be especially harmful to your health as it can cause copious amounts of stress. This stress becomes part of reality and you feel the need to harbour dreams and expectations even more.
Thus, you get stuck in a toxic, vicious, and never-ending cycle with no way out. This is one of the leading causes of dissatisfaction as of late.
With social media, everything we see online is gorgeous and glamorous but real life often falls behind and makes the user unhappy, making them feel left out.
As humans, we always want to be a part of something, we want to be included. Even a learned person aware of how social media works and how things are not how they always seem to be can fall victim to the evils of sites like Instagram that make you constantly compare your life with someone else on the internet who may or may not be lying.
That’s why we bring you 30 quotes that contrast these two sides of the same coin.
- “What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it’s supposed to be.”
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”- Anais Nin
- “We are only as blind as we want to be.”- Maya Angelou
- “Don’t trade your authenticity for approval.”
- “Hope but never expect, look forward but never wait.”
- “The sun is alone too but it still shines.”- Unknown
- “Honest feelings and bad timings make the most painful combination.”- Unknown
- “They tell you to be yourself and then they judge you.”
- “I stopped explaining myself when I realised other people understand from their level of perception only.”
- “I am strong but I am tired.”
- “Burn the past, turn the page, and move on.”
- “In the end, promises are just words.”
- “All we have is now.”
- “Sometimes music speaks what you feel inside.”
- “Actions speak louder than words.”
- “Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.”
- “Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them.”
- “Disappointment is the gap that exists between expectation and reality.”
- “If perception is stronger than reality, why don’t we perceive to have a good day.”
- “They lose the day in anticipation of night and the night in fear of the dawn.”
- “Nobody knows what you feel inside.”
- “We are more frightened than hurt, and we suffer more from our imagination than from reality.”
- “Anticipate everything, expect nothing.”
- “Happiness is when expectations meet reality.”
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
- “Having no expectations is an expectation.”
- “It’s a good place when you have hope but no expectations.”
- “Low expectations are the key to happiness in life.”- Christopher Miller
- “The key to happiness is the decision to be happy.”- Marianne Williamson
- “Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success.”-Herman Cain
We hope these quotes gave you the perfect Instagram caption or phone wallpaper. Check out our other articles for more exciting quotes and don’t forget to let us know which topic you’d like to see more quotes of.
Featured Image: @successpictures