It is usually seen that we let our emotions and feelings hurt or be controlled by others. But is it the right way to treat yourself for someone else? No, absolutely not. It should be your priority to put yourself first in any relationship. Nothing is more important than you. Never let someone decide what you should do, whether it suits your happiness or not.
In the whole universe, you know what makes you joyful and what brings sadness in your life. So do what you want and what you love. You can never be happy if you lose or sacrifice your happiness for others.
I know it cannot be easy to care, love and value yourself because we are taught to care for and respect others in our society. And of course, giving value to others is essential, but it should not be by sacrificing something you love and joyfully. Remember, you can never help someone until you help yourself. Everyone needs to identify their self-worth in relationships.
Caring about yourself does not mean you are selfish and should never regret or feel guilty about yourself. It is just a way to value yourself.
I have seen most people always try to be polite in a relationship which is okay, but what mistake they make is always saying yes to their partner. If they say no to their partner, their relationship will be finished. Saying no to your partner does not mean that you are rude. It shows that you are not happy to do that, or there may be some reason.
You have to keep in mind that if you are allowed to say no, too. You are free to say no. If you always say yes, they treat you as cheap or think you are always available.
You should not always be available for someone if they are not available for you even in their free time.
I go to bed early without thinking about what my partner will think about me because I need to wake up early in the morning and work out for myself. If she texts me at night, I reply to her in the morning after completing my workout. I am not a drinker, so if someone invites me to a party at a bar. I say no because it doesn’t suit me and makes me comfortable.
So everyone reading this article needs to value their self-worth in relationships. Now let’s come to the topic for which we are here.
Let’s see 30 self-worth quotes in relationships:-
- ”Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” — Brené Brown
- ”Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” — Brigham Young
- ”You are enough just as you are.” — Meghan Markle
- ”To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” — Robert Morley
- “To gain self-respect, you need to put yourself first.” — Lorii Myers
- “You don’t need to live to fulfil others’ expectations. Live for yourself, love yourself and do not let them tell you that it is selfish.” — Mridula Singh
- “If you prioritize yourself, you are going to save yourself.” — Gabrielle Union
- ”Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” — Maxwell Maltz
- ”A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” — Mark Twain
- “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate.” – Kurt Hahn
- ”Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – MALCOLM S FORBES
- “The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others.”- SONYA FRIEDMAN
- “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose your self-worth in the process.” – DAVE PELZER
- “Know that you are worthy of love whether you are receiving it or not.” – THEMA BRYANT DAVIS
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” – PETER T. MCINTYRE
- ”One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “You have to be self-interested in order to be selfless. You have to put yourself first if you want to be of use to other people.” — Rachel Bartholomew
- “If you don’t make the choices in your own life, then someone else is going to end up making them for you and they are not gonna be good.” — James Altucher
- ”How you treat yourself is how you treat God because you represent God in your life. So when you put yourself last, you are putting God last.” — Iyanla Vanzant
- “Choose to put yourself first and make yourself a priority. It’s not selfish, it’s necessary.” — Keysha Jade
- “Don’t wait for a crisis to realise what matters most. Put yourself first right now. Because right now is all we have.” — Brittany Burgunder
- “Find yourself first, like yourself first, love yourself FIRST, & friendship & love will naturally find YOU.” — Mandy Hale
- ”Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” — Beyoncé
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” — M. Scott Peck
- ”Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.” — Maya Angelou
- ”Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
- ”Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” — Rumi
- ”When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” — Ellie Holcomb
- ”When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” — Oprah Winfrey
I hope the above article 30 self-worth quotes in relationships helped you to understand self-worth in relationships. This article says that Never let anybody hurt your feelings or be controlled by others. It would be best if you always gave priority to yourself. Do what makes you happy. You don’t need to say yes every time to someone; it does not matt er how unique your partner is. You are free to say no to anyone; if you are not happy or interested in anything, say no directly. It would help if you did not compromise yourself for anything that you don’t like. First, love yourself, give yourself a priority, and new people and friends start loving you automatically.