Struggling to sit and relax in meditation? Here are some powerful meditation quotes from famous influencers and yogis that will strengthen your mind.
Meditation is practiced all over the world in different religions and cultures. It is seen in almost every religion including Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism.
People not only practice meditation due to their beliefs or religion but also due to psychotherapeutic techniques to strengthen their mental ability.
Meditation has a wide range of benefits. Research has revealed that meditation has great benefits like decreased heart rate, brain wave pattern changes, physical arousal, and much more.
Most importantly, it reduces our stress, anxiety, and depression. Brain gets trained for stress management skills. It also helps focus, mindfulness, self-awareness, relief from headaches, and much more.
Do you know how meditation makes your brain powerful? Let’s know.
Scientists and health care providers found the different impacts of meditation on our mental and physical health. Our brain has billions of neurons connected to each other to transfer signals and messages. It is seen that people who meditate regularly have a difference in the structure and patterns of their brains.
The research found that the brain of people who meditate has a stronger connection with their neurons than those who don’t meditate. They have better control over their senses like vision, hearing, and taste.
Your focus and ability to think and process emotions increase. They can deal with the feeling of fear and anger. This is the reason meditation is important nowadays.
Here we are representing some best meditation quotes that will encourage you to sit for some relaxing moments.
These best meditation quotes will help you understand that you are much more than your thoughts.
Enlighten your life with these powerful meditation quotes:
- “The thing about meditation is: You become more and more you.” – David Lynch
- “The things that trouble our spirits are within us already. In Meditation, we must face them, accept them, and set them aside one by one.” – Cristopher L Bennett
- “Meditation can reintroduce you to the part that’s been missing” – Russell Simmons
- “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” – Buddha
- “When you truly know yourself, you don’t try to impress people anymore. One way to know yourself is to meditate.” – Maxime Lagacé
- When Meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a candle in a windless place.” – Bhagavad Gita
- When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
- The best Meditation is effortless. The best Meditation is a gentle awareness.” – Maxime Lagacé
- “Learn to be calm and you will always be happy” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Meditation is like a gym in which you develop the powerful mental muscles of calm and insight.”– Ajahn Brahm
- The act of Meditation is being spacious.”– Sogyal Rinpoche
- “Meditation is allowing what is” – Victor Davich
- “Remember the blue sky. It may at times be obscured by clouds, but it is always there.” – Andy Puddicombe
- “Mediation is a vital way to purify and quiet the mind, thus rejuvenating the body” – Deepak Chopra
- “Mediation applies the brakes to the mind” – Rama Maharshi
- “To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “It’s helpful to remind yourself that meditation is about opening and relaxing with whatever arises, without picking and choosing.” – Pema Chodron
- “In the beginning, you will fall into the gaps in between thoughts – after practicing for years, you become the gap.” – J. Kleykamp
- “Meditation is listening to the divine within.” – Edgar Cayce
- The more regularly and the more deeply you meditate, the sooner you will find yourself acting always from a centre of inner peace.” – J. Donald Walters
- “When there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” – St. Francis de Sales
- “Meditation is absolute comfort and getting back to the serenity which is your original nature.” – Sri Sri
- “If you have time to breathe, you have time to meditate.” – Ajahn Amaro
- “Distractions are everywhere. Notice what takes your attention, acknowledge it, and then let it go.” – Anonymous
- “To know yourself is to be confident. To be confident is to fearlessly express your potential.” -Andy Puddicombe
- “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better, it’s about befriending who we are.” – Ani Pema Chodron
- Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.” – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”- Buddha
- Suffering is due to our disconnection with the inner soul. Meditation is establishing that connection. Amit Ray
- “It is indeed a radical act of love just to sit down and be quiet for a time by yourself” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Meditation is to be aware of every thought and of every feeling, never to say it is right or wrong but just to watch it and move with it.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “Sleep is the best meditation.” – Dalai Lama
- “Meditation has been a loyal friend to me. It has helped me write my books.” – Alice Walker
- “This is love: the flowering of love is meditation.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “Writing is a very focused form of Meditation. Just as good as sitting in a lotus position.” – Alan Moore
- Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace. – Zen Gatha
- Meditation is not a way of making the mind go quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
- Inward calm cannot be maintained unless physical strength is constantly and intelligently replenished. – Buddha
- “Be here now. Be someplace later. Is that so complicated?” – David M. Bader
- “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” – Bryant McGill
- “Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good.” – James Allen
- “Meditation is hanging out with your soul.” – Rachel Ritlop
- You should sit in Meditation for 20 minutes a day. Unless you’re too busy; then you should sit for one hour. – Old Zen Saying
- A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms. – Zen Shin
- Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time and be yourself. – Hermann Hesse
- As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows, so the master directs his straying thoughts. – Buddha.
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” — Sharon Salzberg.
- “I meditate so that my mind cannot complicate my life” – Sri Chinmoy
Meditation is a great way to fall in love with yourself. It helps you to control your emotions, feelings, and senses as well. It enables you to burn out your stress, anxiety, and depression.
Today meditation is a modern approach to keeping you mentally fit. These mediation quotes are the best way to understand the true essence of yoga and meditation in daily life.
Featured Image: Freepik